Adai dosa is one of my favourite breakfast/lunch/dinner. It is a mixture of rice and variety of lentils. It is a healthier dosa than the regular dosa. You can add any type of lentils that you have in your pantry. Another reason why this dosa is so popular because it is very easy to make and need no planning and no fermentation.
Try this dosa for your family and leave a feedback if you like or have any questions.
- 1 cup white rice or brown rice
- 1 cup mixture of chana dal, urad dal, toor dal, and moong dal
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 4-5 Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Wash and drain rice and mix dals multiple times. Soak everything together in enough water for overnight.
- The next day, drain water and add everything together in a blender. Add chopped ginger and green chilies and gring to a smooth paste. Add little water while grinding. The batter should be medium to thin consistency.
- Keep it aside for 1-2 hours. Then add salt to taste.
- Heat griddle or tava. Get a laddle full of batter and pour onto tava/griddle. Spread the batter into circular motion with the help of a laddle. drizzle some oil along the side and top of the dosa.
- Let it cook for few minutes and then flip it to another side.
- Fold it and serve it hot with sambar or Coconut Chutney or chutney Podi
- You can use any type of dals as per availability. The proportion of dal and rice should be 1:1