Anda Curry or Egg Curry
Serves: 4 persons
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3 tomatoes grated
- ½ cup fresh grated coconut
- 3-4 garlic pods chopped
- ½ inch ginger cut into pieces
- 1-2 green chillies
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon corriander powder
- ½ tablespoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 cup hot water
- Boil eggs in enough water. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add a tablespoon oil in it. Add sliced onion and stir. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add grated coconut. Mix well. Cook this mixture for 5-7 minutes. Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Once it is cooled down, add it to the blender and grind to a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add the grinded paste into the oil. Cook this mixture on a medium flame.
- Add grated tomatoes and cook until the raw smell of tomatoes goes away. Add turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala, cumin and corriander powder. Stir the mixture well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add hot water. It will start boiling. Remove the eggs from the water. Peel the skin and cut the eggs into half.
- Add these eggs into the curry. Let it cook for 5-6 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.