Serves: 3-4 persons
Pav bhaji is a very famous Indian street food especially from Mumbai. It has mix vegetable subji with butter and it tastes great with 'Laadi Pav' or dinner rolls. I saw a video on youtube long time ago about Mumbai pav bhaji and i just loved that style of making it. So, here is the result :) The recipe has step by step pictures to make it more easy. I hope you will find it intresting too.
- 1/2 cup green peas (frozen)
- 3-4 potatoes boiled
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon each ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2-3 tablespoon pavbhaji masala
- 1/4 turmeric powder
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add a tablespoon oil. Add chopped bell pepper. Saute for a minute and add chopped tomatoes. Cook everything until the raw smell of tomatoe goes away.
- Add green peas and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Mash boiled potatoes and add them into the pan. Add 1 cup water. Stir together everything.
- Add 1 tablespoon pav bhaji masala, turmeric, and red chilli powder to the pan and cook everything for 5 minutes on a low flame. Mash everything with a masher.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add chopped onion and ginger garlic paste. Mix well. Add 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 tablespoon pav bhaji masala and cook until the raw smell goes away. Add kasuri methi, lemon juice and stir together.
- Add this onion tempering to the cooked vegetables. Add 1 cup water and mix everything.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and again cook for a minute. if you need more water, add to this point and cook for a minute.
- Check salt and masala. Add more if needed.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot along with butter roasted dinner rolls, finely chopped onions, a lemon wedge, and a dollop of butter.