Serves: Makes around 12-14 parathas
- 2 cups whole wheat flour + 1 cup flour for dusting
- 1½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- oil for brushing
- Salt to taste
- Add chopped spinach, red chili powder, turmeric powder,yogurt, sesame seeds, ginger-garlic paste,and salt in a bowl. Mix everything with your hands. Spinach should get coated with all the spices.
- Add whole wheat flour to the spinach mixture. Make dough by adding little water at a time. The dough should not be too soft or too stiff. Rest this dough for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, knead the dough again and divide into equal balls. Flatten the ball with your palms and dip into the flour. Roll the parathas into a circle.
- Heat griddle/tava. Place a rolled paratha on it. Brush little oil and cook from both the sides by flipping to other side.
- Serve hot with pickle or yogurt.