- 1 cup seedless dates
- ½ cup jaggary
- 1-2 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- salt to taste
- Get a pan and add date and jaggary with enough water. ( aproximately 2-3 cups)
- Add tamarind concentrate. Stir it properly. Let the mixture cook on medium heat.
- When jaggary gets completely dissolved in the water, add all the spice powders and salt. Give a stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down completely. Add the cooled mixture in a grinder and make a fine paste. Add little water if necessary while grinding.
- Store it in a dry container.
- If you are using tamarind, then use seedless (½ cup). Add along with jaggary.
- After grinding the paste, strain the chutney through a strainer and then store it in a container.