Serves: 2 persons
- 1 packet of Ching's veg hakka noodles
- 3 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup red bell pepper sliced
- ¼ cup yellow or green bell pepper sliced
- ¼ cup carrots shredded
- 1 bunch of scallion or spring onions (chop both greens and onions seperately)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chili or green chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add noodles without breaking them. Turn off the flame. Keep the noodles in the water for 10 minutes. Drain them through a strainer. Add a tablespoon of oil all over the noodles and toss them well. Get a bowl with regular tap water and add these noodles. Keep it aside. This will prevent them from sticking.
- Add a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions and saute for a second. Add bell pepper and carrots. Mix everything properly. Finally, add cabbage and saute them. Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Mix everything. Add boiled noodles and toss everything carefully.
- Add chopped green part of scallion and mix well. Serve immediately.
- You can pair it with:
- Vegetable manchaw soup
- Vegetable fried rice
- Hot and Sour Soup
- You can add ¼ cup of sliced green beans or chopped cabbage to the noodles.
- Adjust spice level according to your choice.