Thai Red Curry
Serves: Around 3-4 persons
Red thai curry is incredibly delicious recipe to make at home. Loads of vegetables and tofu simmered in a coconut milk gravy served with plain white / brown rice. The preparation time is also less and the cooking time is fast too. This is one of my favourite one pot meal.
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- ½ cup carrot sliced thinly
- ¼ cup corn
- ½ cup tofu cut into cubed
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thinly
- ½ red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger and garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can coconut milk (around 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon thai red chili paste (store brought)
- Cooked basmati rice
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion. Saute for a minute and add minced ginger-garlic.
- Add cut vegetables and saute well.
- Add red chili paste to the pan and fry for a while.
- Add salt and pepper to the taste.
- Empty the coconut milk in to the vegetables. Add ½ cup water to the vegetables.
- Add tofu pieces to the coconut curry. Let the vegetables and tofu boil and cook.
- Add soy sauce and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice and a lemon wedge.
- you can use any vegetables of your choice. You can add handful of spinach or kale to the curry.
- Traditionally fish sauceis used in the recipe. Since i prefer vegan version,I used soy sauce.
- I used light coconut milk. You can reduce or add the quantity of water according to your choice.
- I like to use uncooked tofu in the curry.