Instant pot sabut masoor
Serves: 3-4 persons
- 1 cup whole masoor
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 tomato chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Wash and rinse masoor couple of times and keep the rinsed masoor aside. Turn on the saute mode on instant pot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and cumin seeds.
- As the seeds crackles, add asafoetida and chopped onion. Stir well and add ginger garlic paste. Cook for ½ minute and then add chopped tomatoes. Cook for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well and add rinsed masoor. Add water and mix everything.
- Cancel the saute mode. Put the lid on into sealing position. Press manual for 10 minutes on high setting.
- After 10 minutes, let the pressure realese naturally. As the pin drops, open the lid. Add lemon juice and mix everything with the spatula.
- Add chopped cilantro and serve hot with roti.