Parathas are my personal favourite food since it is quick and healthy. Parathas can be paired with salad/raita or spicy pickle and served it as a breakfast ,brunch or even lunch. Tofu parathas are one of the healthiest paratha that I love to make it more often. I am a vegetarian person So, tofu is an essential supplement of protein in my regular diet. Do give a try to these delicious parathas and let me know your feedback.
Makes around 5-6 parathas
For the stuffing:
- 1 cup crumbled tofu
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1½ tablespoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
For the dough:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Ghee or oil for brushing
- Add flour, and salt in a bowl. Make a dough ( not too hard) by adding little water at a time. Spread 1 tablespoon oil all over the dough. Knead one more time and rest it aside for 15-20 minutes with the cover on.
- Get a bowl and add tofu, onion, cilantro, garam masala, amchoor powder,red chilli powder,and salt. Mix everything and the stuffing is ready.
- Get one lemon size flour ball and roll out in a small disk using roiiling pin. Make a lemon size ball from the tofu stuffing and place it in the center of rolled flour ball. Gather the edges and seal them together. The procedure is same as aloo paratha
- Flatten this ball with your hands and dip into the flour. Roll out in a big circle using the rolling pin.
- Heat the tava/griddle. Place the rolled paratha and brush the sides and the center with some oil or ghee. Cook from both the sides by flipping the other side.
- Serve hot with ketchup or yogurt.