- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup sliced or chopped carrots
- 1 small bell pepper
- ¼ cup cabbage shredded
- 1 bunch of scallion or spring onions (chop green and white part seperately)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and drain the rice. Bring water to a boil in a big pot. Add rice and cook it. Do not overcook. Drain the rice through a strainer and keep it aside to cool down completely.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok. add 2 tablespoon of oil. Add chopped garlic. Do not burn it. Add all the vegetables except the greens of scallion. Saute and fry them for a while. Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add cooked rice and mix everything properly. Add chopped green onions. Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- you can add 1 tablespoon of schezwan sauce to the rice for the spiciness.