Vegetable Manchow Soup
Serves: 4 persons
- ⅓ cup carrots finely chopped
- ⅓ cup scallion finely chopped(greens and white seperately)
- ¼ cup green beans finely chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoon corn starch + 3 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 1½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1½ tablespoon ketchup
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil to fry + 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon schezwan sauce
- ½ packet of cooked Veg hakka noodles
- To cook veg hakka noodles, checkout the recipe for Veg Hakka Noodles
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cooked hakka noodles fry them till golden brown. Drain them on paper and keep it aside.
- Add a teaspoon of oil into a pan. Add gineger and garlic. Fry for a second and add rest of the vegetables except the greens.
- Add 3 cups of water into the vegetables and let it boil. Add all the sauces,salt, and pepper. Mix well and let it boil for a while.
- Add cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and mix it properly.
- Add this cornstarch mixture to the boiling water. Stir it and cook for a minute. Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped greens and fried noodles .
- Serve immediately.
- You can add 1 green chili finely chopped instead of schezwan sauce.
- Adjust water according to the consistency of soup you want.