Tutti Frutti Cupcakes
Makes 14-15 regular size cupcakes
Tutti frutti cake or cupcake is my personal favourite. It is prepared with raw papaya pieces which are soaked in sugar syrup. You will get tutti frutti in different colours at the Indian grocery shop. These cupcakes are very easy to make and they are less sweet than the usual cupcakes. Serve these as a lunch box snack or tea time snack or even as a dessert after a meal. Lets have a look at the recipe:
- 1 cup all purpose flour+ 1 teaspoon to coat the tutti frutti
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup tutti frutti + 1½ tablespoon to garnish
- 1 stick butter or ½ cup butter at the room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- 3 eggs at the room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup milk at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Add butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix it properly with a hand mixer until the mixture is light. Add eggs one by one and whisk it properly.
- Seive flour, baking powder,baking soda, and salt together and add to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Start mixing up everything. Add milk and vanilla to the batter and stir again.
- Get another pan and add a teaspoon of flour. Add ⅓ cup tutti fruity in the flour and toss them and blend them in a batter. This will prevent them from sticking at the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line cupcake liners in a muffin pan/cupcake pan. Fill the liners with the batter upto ¾. Garnish with remaining tutti frutti on top.
- Bake for 20-22 min or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let them cool down and then serve.